Have you found yourself spending more time in the kitchen while staying in? Here are some for inspiration.
Words by Ankita Bhowmick in Portfolio · Apr. 9th, 2020
As more and more of us stay home to flatten the curve, it's a great time to work on our creative skills! Getting creative through mediums like cooking and painting are among the many ways in which people are spending their free time at home. If you are fond of cooking and looking for one of the best kitchens in Dubai, below are some options for you to consider. At the end, we lead you with some delicious recipe inspiration - a Thai Papaya salad from Chef Maurice Fitzgerald, Executive Chef at Anantara The Palm.
1. Well Equipped Open Kitchen In Emirates Hills
Located in the upscale villa community of Emirates Hills, this 8-bedroom villa features a spacious open kitchen that is sure to bring out the chef in you. Its floor to ceiling windows allows an ample amount of sunlight inside. Featuring a composite countertop, the kitchen is being offered fully equipped. It is fitted with branded kitchen appliances that include a stove, a fridge and a dishwasher.
2. Kitchen With Branded Appliances In Emirates Hills
This luxurious 7-bedroom villa in Emirates Hills features one of the best quality working kitchens in the city. It hosts a stylish island and ample space for storage. The kitchen comes well-equipped and is fitted with Miele appliances. The equipment on offer include a fridge, a stove and a dishwasher.
3. Professional Kitchen In Emirates Hills
This 6-bedroom villa in the plush community of Emirates Hills hosts an enormous kitchen in its basement. The kitchen is stunning and professional which could have a chef feel at home. It comes with marble countertops and is being offered fully equipped. It is complemented with appliances like a stove, a fridge and a dishwasher.
4. Fully Furnished Closed Kitchen In Emirates Hills
Located in a 6-bedroom villa in Emirates Hills, this closed kitchen is being offered well-equipped and fully furnished. It is spacious and allows a lot of natural light to flood inside. Featuring marble countertops, an elegant island and ample storage spaces, the kitchen is fitted with appliances like a fridge, a dishwasher and a stove.
5. Hollywood Style Closed Kitchen In Damac Hills
This 5-bedroom villa is located in the private gated villa community of Damac Hills. The Hollywood style home in a part of the Paramount Hotels & Resorts. The property hosts a good-sized closed kitchen which is elegant and welcomes a lot of natural light inside. It is being offered fully equipped and comes fitted with appliances like a fridge, a stove and a dishwasher.
6. Branded Kitchen In Al Barari
This kitchen is hosted by a 4-bedroom villa in Al Barari. Located in the secluded community, the kitchen has been completely upgraded. It is being offered completely furnished with Gaggenau. It features marble countertop and is equipped with a stove, a fridge and a dishwasher. The floor to ceiling windows helps to bring the outdoors in, thereby flooding the kitchen with light.
7. Well Equipped Kitchen In Dubai Marina
Part of a 5-bedroom full-floor Penthouse in Cayan Tower in Dubai Marina, this kitchen is being offered fully equipped and fully furnished to a very high standard. The Hacker kitchen feature marble countertops and all-white appliances from the luxury brand Miele. The appliances on offer include a fridge, a stove and a dishwasher.
8. Fully Equipped Kitchen In Jumeira Bay
Located in a 4-bedroom penthouse in Bulgari Residences, Jumeira Bay, this closed kitchen enjoys the richness and exclusivity of the Bulgari lifestyle. Like the other parts of the home, the kitchen has also been finished to the highest quality. It comes with floor to ceiling windows which helps abundant sunlight to rush inside. Being offered well-equipped, the kitchen is fitted with alliances like a fridge, a stove and a dishwasher.
9. Contemporary Closed Kitchen In Downtown Dubai
The 118 in Downtown Dubai hosts this spacious closed kitchen which is contemporary in design. Part of a 4-bedroom penthouse, it features bespoke elements and artfully blends space and light. The kitchen comes with an elegant island, marble countertops and is being offered well-equipped. The appliances on offer include a stove, a fridge and a dishwasher.
10. Kitchen With Dining Room In Dubai Marina
Located in Al Seef Tower in Dubai Marina, this kitchen is being offered fully equipped and fully furnished. Part of a 4-bedroom apartment, it is one of the best parts of the apartment and features a breakfast table and a dining room that can be completely closed off. It is complemented with tile, marble and composite countertops. Besides a range of elegant furniture, the kitchen also offers high-end appliances. The appliances on offer include but are not limited to a fridge, a stove and a dishwasher.
Looking To Try A Simple Recipe?
Chef Maurice Fitzergald at Anantara The Palm has shared a scrumptious and simple Thai papaya salad to make at home. Chef Fitzgerald recommends having olive oil, rice, Barilla pasta, saffron, soy sauce, sesame oil, red curry paste, coconut milk, balsamic vinegar and dried mushrooms in your pantry & onions, garlic, lemons, oranges, tomatoes, leeks and asparagus. full cream, butter, milk, parmesan, Roquefort, goat cheese, potatoes, basil, rosemary and thyme in your fridge as essentials.
Thai Papaya Salad
Thai green papaya salad (known in Thai as Som tam ส้มตำ) is an extremely popular dish in Thai cuisine. It’s fresh and balances all the flavors of sweet, spicy, salty, and sour, to perfection on a single plate.
2 cloves of garlic
5 Thai chilies – this would be for medium spicy.
2 tablespoons shelled roasted peanuts
1 tablespoon fish sauce
½ – 1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 – 2 limes
1 tablespoon of dried shrimp (optional)
1 – 2 small tomatoes (the som tam tomatoes in Thailand are different from regular tomatoes – they are known as side tomatoes, but you could use just 1 roma tomato)
1 big handful of slivered green papaya (depending on the size of your papaya)
Long-beans or green beans
Thai sweet basil
More roasted peanuts
1. Wash the green papaya and peel off the skin using a carrot peeler or a knife.
2. You can then either use a cheese grater to shave the papaya, or you can do it the traditional way and hack at the papaya with your knife until there are numerous vertical cuts, then shave off the top layer into thin slivers, and repeat.
3. Add 2 cloves of peeled garlic and 5 chilies to the mortar (krok). Pound them for a few seconds until the garlic is crushed and chilies are reduced to small bits.
4. Add ½ tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of fish sauce, and then squeeze 1 – 2 limes into the mortar. Tip: You can start with less seasoning and add more to your liking.
5. Mix and pound the dressing, making sure the sugar gets fully dissolved into the liquid.
6. Add about 1 tablespoon of roasted peanuts (no need to measure, just grab some with your hand), 1 tablespoon of dried shrimp, and then roughly slice in the tomatoes into the mortar.
7. Pound the mixture for about 30 seconds, lightly breaking up the tomatoes, shrimp and peanuts.
8. Last step is to toss in a big handful of the green papaya shavings. Mix it all together, doing a combination of using just a spoon and pounding lightly, but no need to pound hard. Make sure the dressing is coating all the green papaya and that the salad is evenly mixed.