The Guides

How To Get A Residency Visa For Your Family In Dubai

How to get a residency visa for your family in Dubai

All you need to know in order to sponsor your family in Dubai

Words by Ankita Bhowmick in The Guides · Aug. 7th, 2018

The Middle Eastern city of Dubai is known to be home to a large number of expats. Hosting people from over 200 nationalities, the entire population of the city constitutes 80% of expats whereas Emiratis make up only 20%. For working professionals, in order to be able to sponsor their families, they are required to meet with certain criteria set by the government.  

Sponsoring your immediate family in Dubai can be hassle-free and affordable, provided you're aware of the following rules:

Husband Sponsoring Wife And Children

How to get a residency visa for your family in Dubai

Your monthly salary should be AED 4,000 or AED 3,000 plus accommodation for you to be eligible to sponsor your wife and children under your sponsorship. 

If your family stay outside the UAE, the first thing which you will need to apply for is an entry residence visa which will allow them to enter the country following which you will need to apply for the residence stamp which can be done in the next 30 days. 

You can sponsor your daughters as long as they are not married. Sons, on the other hand, can be sponsored until they are 18 years of age. If they study in the UAE after 18 years, he can be sponsored until he is 21. You will also need to make a deposit with the respective General Directorate of Residence and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) for the visa which will be granted on a yearly basis till he finishes his education.

Wife Sponsoring Husband And Children

How to get a residency visa for your family in Dubai

If you are a teacher or working in the medical sector, you can sponsor your husband and children if you earn a basic salary of AED 4,000 or AED 3,000 plus accommodation. 

In case you are working in any other sector, you will need to earn a basic salary of AED 10,000 or AED 8000 plus accommodation with special permission from The Department of Naturalisation and Residency Dubai (DNRD). 

You would also require a no-objection certificate (NOC) from your husband stating that he has no objection in you sponsoring your children. 

How to get a residency visa for your family in Dubai

Required Documents

The documents that would be required include the typed application form, salary certificate, labour card, labour contract, attested marriage certificate, attested birth certificate of your children, bank statement of the past three months, attested tenancy contract and your Emirates ID. 

If your marriage has taken place in your home country, then the marriage certificate should be attested by the relevant ministry and the UAE consulate/embassy of your country. It should also be cross-attested by the relevant ministry in the UAE.

For residence visas to remain valid, the visa holder should not remain outside the UAE for more than 6 months.