Here's a step by step guide to getting a golden visa through property investment in Dubai
Words by Aneesha Rai in The Guides · Jun 20th, 2022
Getting a golden visa from the UAE no doubt has its perks. Long term residency in the UAE will enable you to move freely in and out of the country without any hassles. Property investors in the UAE can now benefit from getting a 10-year golden visa through an investment as low as AED 2 million. Once they get the golden visa, they are also eligible to sponsor immediate family members.
Real estate investors can obtain the golden visa even though they are purchasing a property with a loan from specific local banks. If the properties are off-plan properties, a golden visa can also be applied for, provided they are bought from approved local real estate companies. Here is a list of off-plan properties one can buy to avail of the golden visa. Sometimes, the developers can offer payment plans that enable you to qualify for a golden visa with an investment as low as a downpayment of 10% without a mortgage (AED 200,000) and 25% with a mortgage (AED 500,000), thus lowering the entry bar for getting a golden visa. This change in regulations in April 2022 has given rise to a whole bunch of new investors both local and foreign into the market and has bolstered the Dubai real estate market, resulting in record transactions. According to a report by CBRE, the total volume of transactions in Dubai’s residential market hit a 13-year high in May 2022 as investors, high net-worth individuals, and entrepreneurs plan business migration to the city.
What Are The Perks Of Having A Uae Golden Visa?
Here are the perks of having a UAE golden visa:
1. 10 years renewable residency in the UAE
2. No sponsor or employer required
3. Duration of stay outside the UAE doesn't nullify the golden residency status.
4. The initial entry visa is valid for 6 months with multiple entry to secure the golden visa residency
5. Additional golden visas can be applied for families including spouse and children with no age limit
6. In the event of death of the visa holder, the family members can hold on to their golden residency status till end of term.
Below are the procedures to get a 5-year visa or 10-year golden visa through real estate investments.
How To Apply For The Uae Golden Visa (10 Years)
2. Availability of an electronic copy of the title deed certificate
3. Personal photo
4. Valid health insurance
5. Original Emirates ID (if applicable)
6. Copy of latest UAE visa (if applicable)
Conditions Required (Any One Of Them Should Be Met)
1. Minimum 2 million value property or owned share ( one property or more ) under the applicant name
2. In case the property is mortgaged, at least 2 million of property value must be paid to the bank. NOC letter and paid amount letter should be provided in this case.
3. Husband and wife can share one property. A marriage certificate required as proof.
4. Purchase a property with a loan from specific local banks
5. Buy one or more off-plan properties of no less than AED two million from approved local real estate companies.
1. Medical Check - AED 700
2. Emirates ID - AED 1,153
3. New visa - AED 2,706.75
4. DLD Fees - AED 4,020
5. Administrative fees - AED 1,155
Potential additional costs:
Family Visa 10 Years Fee: AED 5,399.75
File Opening for Dependent Visa – AED 318.75
Parents Visa 10 years - AED 5,399.75
Procedure To Get The 10 Year Investor Golden Visa
You can apply for the 10-year golden visa online through the ICA website/app or through AMER centers. If you don't have a current visa, you can apply for an entry permit valid for six months here. Payments can be made via credit/debit card, bank transfer or cash. The entire process can take 7-10 working days.
Step 1: The customer visits one of the Service Centres - the Dubai Land Department main office Cube Centre or Dubai World Trade Centre.
Step 2: The customer submits the requirements and pays the fees
Step 3: The medical examination is conducted in the Centre
Step 4: Visa stamping on the passport
1. Apply online the ICA website or download the UAEICP app
2. Click on ‘Start Service’
3. Fill all the required information and submit documents
4. Pay the service fee
The application will be reviewed and you might be asked to submit additional documentation. Your current Emirates ID, title deed, photo, and health insurance should be kept handy.
1. Head to one of the service branches of the Amer Centers
2. Select the required service at the receptionist
3. Submit the required documents to the service employee
4. Checking of documents
5. Pay the service fees
6. Submit application
Editor's note: The above is just a guide for the procedure to attain a golden visa as of April 2023. The onus lies with the individual to conduct their own personal research to stay up to date due to the UAE's rapidly transforming rules and regulations.